Pages

Saturday 7 December 2013

Daydreaming of Hedgehogs

Hedgehogs: one of my favourite little wonders of this earth. With the ability to protect itself with a shroud of spines, this cute creature can be courageous and resilient if necessary!

It has been on my mind lately why I've been thinking of hedgehogs and seeing them everywhere. After spending some time in meditation and prayer yesterday, reflecting on the stressful and traumatic events of the past few weeks that had been getting me down - I realised the message I was getting through the symbol of this heroic creature.

Of course, it dawned on me! These fascinating little animals have a covering of protection, designed so that their spines are part of who they are (unlike the porcupine, whose quills can detach quite easily). The message was clear. I need to stay strong and stand firm through the stressful times I have been going through, to have courage, and not let anything or anyone defeat me.

These creatures often tuck themselves into a ball and stand their ground when facing their adversary - again, a lesson we should remember when facing our battles. We need to become like the hedgehog, strong and courageous. Even though we may feel small and helpless, by not giving up and standing firm, we will endure almost anything that comes our way!

Often I daydream of and ponder all life's miracles, the lessons it teaches us, and how to grow through all our experiences by allowing our character to develop rather than breaking us down. Daydreaming and my imagination got me into trouble at school when I was young, but I learned to embrace it at the correct times and heed the insights I have acquired through my life's journey. And so, my idea for the title of my blog was born.

As I begin this blog, I hope that what I have been through and learned in life; can inspire and motivate you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment